Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Docbook to docx

Thanks Steve,

I tried it but it so far did not work out.

I was not sure what the way forward would be so
I started with my current template, added for example
the style 'para' based on Normal.
I did add a few more like 'sect1-title' basing it on Heading 1.

Saved it as xml in Word.

Then I ran
xsltproc -o word.xml --stringparam wordml.template my_template_en.xml $(DB)/dbk2wordml.xsl docbook.xml

It did not work out, I suspect the template got ignored, it was not included in the word.xml ?

The template I created, and saved as xml starts :

<?mso-application progid="Word.Document"?>
<pkg:package xmlns:pkg="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/xmlPackage";>

And contains more or less the docx zipped structure in a flat XML file.

(document.xml is based on xmlns:w="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/wordprocessingml/2006/main"; if I read things correctly)

or what would be the best way forward ?
Is the 2006 schema supported ?
or do I enter a rabbit hole of trying to keep up to date with Word ?

If the styles.xml and all other are kept can I only update the document.xml? or are the structures intertwined ?

The structure of the docx file contains 13 files, so the template is rather elaborate already. That would then be unzip template, xsltproc -o document.xml without template ? docbook.xml, then zip the file again.

If you have any further pointers that would be helpful. Thanks.

Fredrik Unger