Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Interesting anomaly in specialized index handling

Hi Dick,
Sounds like a bug in the symbols code. That's handled as a special case. I'll take a look.

On 5/4/2016 12:31 PM, Richard Hamilton wrote:
I have been using the specialized index facility to create two
indexes, one with type="author" and the other with type="subject".

I have one entry under type="subject" that is a symbol, so there is a
"Symbols" entry in that index. Even though there isn't any entry that
would go under Symbol with type="author", I get an empty Symbol
heading in the author index.

If I remove the symbol term with type="subject", the heading
disappears from the author index.

I thought this might extend to other headings, but that's not the
case. For example, there are indexterms starting with the letter "i"
in the subject index, but none in the author index, and there is no
heading for "i" in the author index. So the problem appears to occur
only for symbols.

Dick ------- XML Press XML for Technical Communicators
http://xmlpress.net hamilton@xmlpress.net