Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] PHP processing instructions

Hi Peter,
Yes, that's expected. HTML was based on SGML, and the syntax for a processing instruction in SGML is <? ... > (note there is no closing question mark), and that is what the HTML stylesheet produces. But that forced you to manually insert the closing "?" for PHP. With XHTML, you no longer have to manually add the closing mark because the syntax for a processing instruction in XML is <? ... ?>.