Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Indexing.

Hi,

some technical/formatting things we ran into while using indexes:

1. Indexterms within listitems add a line break in the generated HTML (if they come first). Review the entire documentation, and either reposition them to come after a para (workaround), or use zones:

<listitem>
<indexterm zone="para1">
<primary>term1</primary>
<secondary>term2</secondary>
</indexterm>
<para xml:id="para1">loremipsum</para>
</listitem>

(Zones documented at: http://docbook.org/tdg/en/html/indexterm.html)

2. When adding indexterms directly after  a <section> or similar tag, we got validation errors, so now we place them after the title tag. However, this causes the browsers scroll through the title, which is a bit confusing, because the title of the section/procedure/whatever is not always visible

HTH,

Robert