Subject: Re: [docbook] Prepress Support - Crop marks Apache Fop 2.1

Thanks Bob, very helpful.

I fear that it would be a step beyond my technical abilities. If I find time I'll give it a go.

Peter

On 28/09/2016 17:49, Bob Stayton wrote:
Hi Peter,
Crop marks would not be part of the DocBook schema, but are a formatting feature that the stylesheets need to support (so I'm copying to docbook-apps as well). Since crop marks are not defined in the XSLT standard, each XSL-FO implementation has to provide their own extension elements to support it. In the 1.79.1 stylesheets, the crop mark extensions for Antenna House and XEP are implemented in fo/axf.xsl and fo/xep.xsl, respectively.

Since FOP has their own extension elements for crop marks using the fox: namespace, support for them would need to be implemented in fo/fop1.xsl. That could be done in the next release. If you want to try it yourself, you could see if their elements align with either XEP or Antenna House elements and write your own extension using fox: elements instead.