Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Odd Characters in UTF-8, Docbook 5.1

Hi,

I tested this by changing body.font.family to sans-serif. The document did successfully switch, and used Helvetica. Unfortunately, Helvetica also lacks the box drawing characters. Is there a configuration file used for a given Docbook 5.1 installation which maps "Times Roman" to serif, and "Helvetica" to sans-serif? I think this is the key to getting those box drawing characters to work...perhaps if I can remap serif and sans-serif to valid fonts other than Helvetica and Times Roman it would work with those characters.

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
To: stimits@comcast.net, docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org
Sent: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 18:51:04 -0000 (UTC)
Hi,
If by system-wide you mean everyone sharing one DocBook XSL
installation, you could edit the parameters file for that installation.
Find the file named fo/param.xsl and change these stylesheet parameters:
<xsl:param name="body.font.family">serif</xsl:param>
<xsl:param name="title.font.family">sans-serif</xsl:param>
All of the stylesheet params are documented here:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/doc/fo/index.html