Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting linenumbering="numbered"> does not number...

Hi,

"highlight.source" is set to "1" in "fo/param.xsl" (I'm creating an fo file which is then converted to pdf via fop...looking at the fo file I can verify it isn't fop skipping the highlighting...the original fo file does not contain highlighting).  Other changes in the param.xsl file show up, so I know I'm using the right file. Still no highlighting.

I have two exactly matching versions of xslthl-config.xml ("exactly matching" verified with diff). I've tried specifying xslthl-config.xml with the "-Dxslthl.config=" parameter using either full path without URL notation and with URL notation (the file:// notation). FYI, one version of xslthl-config.xml is the one which came with DocBook 5.1, the other exactly matching xslthl-config.xml came with the sourceforge.net download of xslthl-2.1.3.

The "language=" of the programlisting tag matches the id's of xslthl-config.xml (I've tried bourne and ini so far).

Searching for other highlight.source info I grep'd through other files and saw file "highlighting/README". The content of this file has this excerpt:
Note: Saxon 8.5 or later is also supported, but since it is an XSLT 2.0
processor it is not guaranteed to work with DocBook-XSL in all
circumstances.

The version of Saxon being used came with DocBook 5.1 (the jar file), and should work:
SAXON 6.5.5 from Michael Kay

For reference the CLASSPATH contains:
docbook5/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns-1.79.1/tools/lib/saxon.jar
docbook5/stylesheet/docbook-xsl-ns-1.79.1/extensions/saxon65.jar
xslthl-2.1.3/xslthl-2.1.3.jar

Is there any way (short of editing source code) to find out if xslthl-2.1.3.jar is even called when language="bourne" or language="ini" are specified? Syntax highlighting would be a valuable tool, but it just feels like I'll end up skipping actual content writing if I have to debug at the source code level...and the issue is probably just something simple I've overlooked, but I do not have the experience to know what to look at.

Thanks!