Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting linenumbering="numbered"> does not number...

Hi,
No, it does not need to be specific to each language. The imports should look something like this in your customization layer, putting it after the import of the main docbook.xsl:

<xsl:import href="some/path/to/docbook-xsl/fo/docbook.xsl"/>
<xsl:import href="some/path/to/docbook-xsl/fo/highlight.xsl"/>

On 2/15/2017 6:08 AM, stimits@comcast.net wrote:
Hi,

I see by default in fo/highlighting.xsl (I'm using fo):
<xsl:import href="../highlighting/common.xsl"/>

My XSL knowledge is minimal, but if for example I'm using bourne as the
language, do I need to import something specific to bourne? The README
has a note about importing, but it isn't clear what the intended import
file is.

Thanks!

----- Original Message -----
From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
To: stimits@comcast.net, Docbook <docbook-apps@lists.oasis-open.org>
Sent: Wed, 15 Feb 2017 00:08:07 -0000 (UTC)
Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] <programlisting linenumbering="numbered">
does not number...
I followed the instructions in my book for syntax highlighting, and it
did not work. I know it worked when I wrote it, because I tested
everything before I included it.
It turns out that my book documents the 1.73.1 version of the
stylesheets, and the highlighting was changed in version 1.74.3. Now
your customization layer needs to use xsl:import on the appropriate
highlight.xsl file, such fo/highlight.xsl. When I added that, syntax
highlighting worked for me.
The highlighting/README file in the distribution provided that crucial
bit of information. I'm currently updating my book and will include
this change.