Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Conversion: xml:lang not added to root element of Epub/XHTML1/XHTML5 files

On 15 February 2017 at 23:04, Leif Halvard Silli <verktystell@russisk.no> wrote:

> Btw, I think the main reason for the issuees we here discuss is the fact
> that the DocBook vocabulary does not match the HTML vocabulary.

Nor did it ever intend to. It is a 'different' language.

Which
> reminds me of another, perhaps minor, issue:
>
> If the DocBook title element happens to be in German, while the document
> otherwise is in English (Example: <article xml:lang="en"><info><title
> declare the language on the <title> element: <html xml:lang="en"
> xmlns='http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml'><title xml:lang='de'>Nein</title>
> ....</html>. Currently, the language is declared on the stand-in element of
> the DocBook <title> element - namely the HTML <h1> element - but not on the
> HTML <title> element:

? "Stand in element of title" ? No, It is the result of the transformation.
If you wish to change that, then please do. Your requirements may not
match all other docbook users?

I think you need to learn a little more about customization?
Again, Bobs book, http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html

regards

--
Dave Pawson