Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Conversion: xml:lang not added to root element of Epub/XHTML1/XHTML5 files

On 16 Feb 2017, at 8:18, Dave Pawson wrote:

On 15 February 2017 at 23:04, Leif Halvard Silli <verktystell@russisk.no> wrote:

Btw, I think the main reason for the issuees we here discuss is the fact
that the DocBook vocabulary does not match the HTML vocabulary.

Nor did it ever intend to. It is a 'different' language.

Indeed. And /care/ for optimal HTML-transformation(s) is therefore necessary.

Which
reminds me of another, perhaps minor, issue:

If the DocBook title element happens to be in German, while the document
otherwise is in English (Example: <article xml:lang="en"><info><title
declare the language on the <title> element: <html xml:lang="en"
HTML <title> element:

? "Stand in element of title" ? No, It is the result of the transformation.
If you wish to change that, then please do. Your requirements may not
match all other docbook users?

My proposals here were meant to be general and applicable to any docbook-to-xhtml user.

I think you need to learn a little more about customization?
Again, Bobs book, http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/CustomMethods.html

Fair enough.
--
Leif Halvard Silli