Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Switching manpage generation from docbook-SGML to docbook-xml

Hello,

If you get the DocBook XSL stylesheets, you can probably do the conversion with the xsltproc tool as shown in http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/RefentryToMan.html

Hope it helps,
Mark

PS The XSL conversion works fine in the toolchain I'm using (in a Maven project, so with a plugin based on https://github.com/mimil/docbkx-tools ), and we do almost nothing to change the default configuration for man page conversion. Just this:

 <xsl:param name="man.authors.section.enabled" select="0" />
 <xsl:param name="refentry.date.profile.enabled" select="1" />