Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] manpages transform and tables: CALS versus HTML markup

Hi Bob,

Your suggested fix works perfectly. Thanks!

I've reported the issue at: https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/issues/58

On Feb 23, 2018, at 4:01 PM, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:

Hi Paul,
This appears to be a bug introduced in version 1.79.1, in which the table templates had a complete rewrite.

In the manpages stylesheet, tables of either kind are first converted to HTML tables and then converted to tbl tables.  For HTML tables, it is only necessary to copy the table elements.  But in 1.79.1, this line:

<xsl:copy-of select="*"/>

was replaced with:

<xsl:apply-templates mode="strip.namespace" select="*"/>

but this should only appear in the namespaced version of the stylesheet to remove the docbook namespace from the HTML table elements.  With DocBook 4 elements without a namespace, this fails because there is no default template for non-docbook-namespaced elements.

If you could please file a github issue on this item, it can be fixed in the source.

As a workaround, you can add this template to a customization layer which provides that default template:

<xsl:template match="*" mode="strip.namespace">
 <xsl:choose>
   <xsl:when test="self::d:*" xmlns:d="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook">
     <xsl:apply-imports/>
   </xsl:when>