Subject: xslt2 stylesheets experience?

hi,
I've been using the xslt1 docbook 5 stylesheets for a few years. Works fine, and I have a medium size customization layer. But the time has come to rewrite some of my templates (technical debt accrued last year).

I wonder about switching to the xslt2 stylesheets since I'm recoding anyway.
Has anyone been through the process and have any comments or tips?

thanks,
--Tim