Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Capital latin "Q" with dot above

Unicode provides "combining diacritical marks" : you can use
"COMBINING DOT ABOVE", the hexadecimal value of which is 307 :

in xml :
Q̇

in text, on a linux platform (Hold down the shift and control keys
while typing 'u' and the hex value)
Q̇

Please note that result is dependant on the font you are using ; but it
works for most standard (browser) fonts.

More information is available at
http://www.unicode.org
and charts
http://www.unicode.org/charts/
can be helpful (I have local copies available when working with
docbook !)

jmt

--

Jean-Marie Thomas