Subject: Aw: Re: [docbook-apps] Suppressing blank pages and double-sided printing - header and footer problem

Hi Bob,

thanks for the quick reply.

My style.xsl looks as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"  [... namespace declaration ...]>
	<xsl:import href="docbook/fo/docbook.xsl" />
	<xsl:param name="double.sided">1</xsl:param>
	<xsl:param name="force.blank.pages" select="0"/>
</xsl:stylesheet>

In the pagesetup.xsl (line 2194-2214)

   <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="body">
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="blank"
                                              blank-or-not-blank="blank"/>
        <xsl:if test="$force.blank.pages != 0">
          <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="body-first"
                                                page-position="first"/>
        </xsl:if>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference master-reference="body-odd"
                                              odd-or-even="odd"/>
        <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
                                              odd-or-even="even">
          <xsl:attribute name="master-reference">
            <xsl:choose>
              <xsl:when test="$double.sided != 0">body-even</xsl:when>
              <xsl:otherwise>body-odd</xsl:otherwise>
            </xsl:choose>
          </xsl:attribute>
        </fo:conditional-page-master-reference>
    </fo:page-sequence-master>

the page-position="first" should only be active, if the force.blank.pages parameter is not equals to zero.

For the prove of concept I didn't made any customization of the docbook stylesheets. I use the DocBook XSL Stylesheets 1.79.1, which could be found here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook/files/docbook-xsl-ns/1.79.1/

Best regards,
       Felix