Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] Figure legends moving with the title-> How to indent caption on both sides by e.g. 2cm

Hi Bernhard,

In this case you will need to copy the template that processes captions to your customization layer and modify it. It is in fo/graphics.xsl and looks like this:

<xsl:template match="mediaobject/caption|figure/caption">
 <fo:block>
ÂÂÂ <xsl:if test="@align = 'right' or @align = 'left' or @align='center'">
ÂÂÂÂÂ <xsl:attribute name="text-align"><xsl:value-of
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ select="@align"/></xsl:attribute>
ÂÂÂ </xsl:if>
ÂÂÂ <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </fo:block>
</xsl:template>

In your customization, you could add a line like this:

<xsl:attribute name="margin-left">2cm</xsl:attribute>

after the <fo:block> line. An <xsl:attribute> element adds its attribute to the start tag of the element it is in (fo:block here), but it must appear before any actual content of the element, which in this case is generated by the <xsl:apply-templates/> statement.

I was surprised that there was not already a "caption.properties" attribute set to allow easier customization. I'll add that for the next stylesheet release.