Subject: Re: DocBook and catalogs with Calabash

At 2018-10-10T20:51:26+05:30, N. Raghavendra wrote:

> I need some help in using XML Calabash with DocBook: how do I tell
> Calabash to use an XML catalog, and how do I specify the location of the
> catalog to Calabash?

I found the answer at https://github.com/transpect/unzip-extension:

$ cd /d/xmlcalabash-1.1.22-98

$ java \
       -cp xmlcalabash-1.1.22-98.jar \
       -Dxml.catalog.files=/c/catalog.xml \
       com.xmlcalabash.drivers.Main \
       -E org.xmlresolver.Resolver \
       -i source=/b/doc.xml \
       xpl/validate.xpl \
       > /dev/null

The above command exits with status 0 indicating that the document is
valid.  If I introduce a mistake into the document by replacing </sect1>
with </sect> the above command gives:

----------
[elided]
ERROR: Underlying exception: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
file:/b/doc.xml; lineNumber: 85; columnNumber: 5; The element type
"sect1" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</sect1>".

So the command works.  I am redirecting its output to /dev/null because
otherwise it unnecessarily echoes the whole document to the terminal.

Regards,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra <raghu@hri.res.in>, http://www.retrotexts.net/