Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] How to make chemical structure automatically numbered

Hi, Peter and Thomas,

@Peter: It seems that figure is a valid element, however, the numbering
of figure for structures would conflict with the numbering a normal
figure. As long as there is no possible was to have a "proprietary"
counter for structures (as figures) structures do not have an
independent numbering. I wonder since there are an awful lot of chemical
papers where there is an independent list of structures, that none of
them has been prepared with docbook. Otherwise there would be a solution
already.

@Thomas: since the structures are svg as well as most figure in my book,
I have considered svg. However, than I would lable a contruct of
structures, but not the individual ones. Coming from LaTeX, the
numbering of figures was always a simple use of apropriate macros.

Regards

Bernhard

--
spitzhalde9