Subject: Re: [docbook-apps] force.blank.pages 0 messes up footers

On 06/07/2023 16:37, Kevin Dunn wrote:
I have been using the default value, 1, for force.blank.pages but
wanted to try setting it to 0 to conserve page count. It works as
expected except that when a chapter starts on a verso page, the page
numbers appear on the inside (binding side) of the page. Is there
another stylesheet parameter that I need to set along with
force.blank.pages to get page numbers to appear consistent on the
outside edge of the page?

I do have double.sided set to 1. Chapters that start on a recto page
 have the page numbers correctly on the outside of the page.

I had the same problem for the Markup UK proceedings, where every paper
(<article>) starts on a verso page.

Here's a pull request that you may be able to merge into your local copy
of the stylesheet:

   https://github.com/docbook/xslt10-stylesheets/pull/197

Regards,

Tony Graham.