docbook-elearning message

Subject: Re: [docbook-elearning] Groups - Event "DocBook eLearning SC" modified

Title: Re: [docbook-elearning] Groups - Event "DocBook eLearning SC" modified
Folks, I’m taking a poll:
Will anyone be able to attend our regularly scheduled meeting tomorrow? Please let me know. If it doesn’t look like we have quorum, I will cancel the meeting.

Thanks and best regards,

--Scott

Scott Hudson | Pelco by Schneider Electric | United States | Standards Lead
Ph:
+1-970-282-1952  | M: +1-720-663-7268 | Site: pdn.pelco.com | scott.hudson@schneider-electric.com

Agenda
The DocBook SC for eLearning uses irc://freenode/dblearn for additional conference features, such as exchanging URIs, providing out-of-band comments, and other aspects of the teleconference, so please join us there if at all possible.

Samples directory:
http://docbook.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/docbook/trunk/docbook/relaxng/elearning/

Approved sample:
'Writing Matters'
http://www.curriki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Coll_tmicontent/WritingEditorials?bc=;Coll_tmicontent.WritingMatters

All:
* Identify samples of eLearning content we could use in our development
* Review best practices in eLearning structures
* Add / expand use-cases to the wiki
* Review DITA Learning Subcommittee and think about what we can learn from them.
* Start markup of approved example and identify gaps.

Proposed Roadmap
a. Review modular DocBook proposals and provide feedback to TC
b. Review best practices in eLearning structures that should be considered for DocBook eLearning.
c. Identify general eLearning needs not currently met by DocBook
d. Identify additional specific domains within the eLearning industry that may need specific modules.
e. develop RFEs from identified needs
f. develop DocBook v5.0 schema enhancements from RFEs
g. submit schema enhancements for approval to DocBook TC

  1. Review course assembly sample:
     2. Discuss content level markup