Subject: Re: DocBook V4.0beta1

Michael wrote:

| I had never heard Highlights described as cooked (derived object?).
| For us, the Highlights section is an authored overview of the chapter.

An epitome; yes, that's the same kind of thing (the ORA books had
the equivalent of chapter TOCs but they could have been in prose
and served the same purpose).

| It's a little weird to put indexterms in an overview or summary, but
| not _that_ weird.  An author who wrote a longish highlights section
| might want to index the highlights because it has the best one-line
| description of a feature.

Ah.  I'd have to say that that author was stretching the utility
of Highlights and should put the one-liner in the text (too), but
I get the point.

| What about the XML version -- aren't we going to have to allow
| IndexTerms in Highlights there?  To disallow them in XML sounds
| like more trouble than it's worth.

Probably.  Anyway, there was a reason.

regards, Terry