Subject: Re: Wordsmithing the official vote

[CC'ing Jon for his input]

/ Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net> was heard to say:
| Actually, what's being done with the output of the now-closed
| Tables TC?  That should probably be our guide.  I see nothing
| in the OASIS library.  The old SGML version was a TR.

At the time we wanted to publish the tables report, Norbert
indicated that the process was't in place for creating a new
TR. I don't know if that's because the Board wasn't ready or
they didn't know how or who would handle voting by the
membership, or what. So we made it a Technical Memorandum.  I've
pestered Norbert a couple of times about pushing that TM the
rest of the way through the process, but nothing ever gets
done. (OASIS could make that a service mark :-/).

Jon has publicly referred to OASIS as a standards body, so I
thought we'd let DocBook be a test case. I'd rather have 4.0 be
a Standard than a Technical Resolution :-)

Norman Walsh <nwalsh@arbortext.com> | In a universe of electrons and
Principal Software Engineer         | selfish genes, blind physical
Arbortext, Inc. (www.arbortext.com) | forces and genetic replication,
413.256.6985 Voice/FAX              | some people are going to get