Subject: Status report

With the election of the new board, Karl has asked all the chairs to
submit a paragraph summary of their technical committees. Comments on
this summary before I send it in?

  The DocBook Technical Committee continues the active development of
  the DocBook schema. In the past few months, we've released the first
  official XML version of DocBook as well as an updated SGML version.
  We've also released EBNF, MathML, and HTML Forms modules. Upcoming
  work items include the V5.0 DTDs, a simplified DTD, an SVG module, and
  exploration of new schema languages.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Some books are undeservedly
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | forgotten, non are undeservedly
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | remembered.--W. H. Auden