Subject: [docbook-tc] merged table model [was: DocBook TC Meeting Minutes: 19Mar 2002]

At 14:19 2002 03 19 -0500, Norman Walsh wrote:

>|     472229 Allow HTML tables
>
>Action: Paul to attempt a merged table model

Attached is a zip of 6 files that make up my suggested merge.

I purposely maintained the various XHTML and CALS and
DocBook bits in separate files for now so that it was
easier to compare with the ancestral models and to see
where things came from, but we will probably want to merge
things into fewer files once things settle down.

If you unzip the attached and point to bothtabletest.xml
and bring it up, it should in turn point to a driver DTD
file that in turn points to the necessary files (and the
DocBook XML V4.1.2 stuff) so that you can bring up the
document which has both an HTML and CALS table in it.

paul

p.s.  Note to those with Arbortext's Epic 4.x:

If you add a catalog that maps the DocBook XML 4.1.2 FPI
(referenced from the docbook-bothtables.dtd file) into the
axdocbook.dtd in the Epic distribution, you should be able
to bring up the test document in Epic and let it compile the
doctype.  You can then either point Epic to the axdocbook.fos
for the stylesheet or just tell it to use None for the stylesheet.

Ignore the error message about needing a <tbody> tag--that message
is coming from the table editor code, not the parser, and that's
because Epic is deciding that your tables should all be HTML tables.
Our next release will add the capability to the table editor to
handle multiple table models in the same document.  For now, you
can "View Table Markup" to see all the markup and do a completeness
check to confirm that the markup is valid per the DTD.