Subject: [Brian Travis] DocBook at TechDoc Summer Workshops

FYI. I can't make it, but maybe someone else can.

Norm,

IDEAlliance has a new group called TechDoc Network, and I'm the manager. We
are having an event in June titled TechDoc Summer Workshops. We will be
talking about things that are important to users and implementers of
technical documentation systems. We are expecting representatives from all
parts of the TechDoc world, including documentation managers and analysts,
programmers, technical writers, and standards wonks. I've invited Don Day
From IBM to talk about DITA, and we are expecting Steve Deach to address us
on what the XSL committee is doing for TechDoc. We will also have some
representatives from military TechDoc standards committees.

The purpose of the TechDoc Network is to allow people who implement
standards to get together with the companies that provide tools that support
them, and the people who create and maintain the standards. Surely DocBook
fits into this scheme, and I'd like to invite you to join us!

The event is June 28-30 in Washington DC (Crystal City Marriott). Please let
me know if you'd consider coming to the event and sharing your experience.
It should be a great time to resurrect the relatively idle technical
documentation event space.

Brian Travis.

P.S., I'm a big fan of Skeptic Magazine and Michael Shermer!

----

Brian E. Travis, Chief Technical Officer    Architag International

btravis@architag.com                         Phone +1-303-523-5255

                                              Fax: +1-720-294-1396

Leverage your Information Assets(tm)           http://architag.com

  Download sample chapter of Web Services Implementation Guide at

                http://www.architag.com/press/wsig

Norm,

IDEAlliance has a new group called TechDoc Network, and I’m the manager. We are having an event in June titled TechDoc Summer Workshops. We will be talking about things that are important to users and implementers of technical documentation systems. We are expecting representatives from all parts of the TechDoc world, including documentation managers and analysts, programmers, technical writers, and standards wonks. I’ve invited Don Day From IBM to talk about DITA, and we are expecting Steve Deach to address us on what the XSL committee is doing for TechDoc. We will also have some representatives From military TechDoc standards committees.