Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] [Mary McRae] RE: Status of Naming and Design Rules

/ "Mary McRae" <mary.mcrae@oasis-open.org> was heard to say:
| Namespace URLs should point to an OASIS site; i.e.
| docs.oasis-open.org/docbook (preferred) or
| www.oasis-open.org/docbook (less desirable but will be maintained).
| Beyond that full URI requirements are still up in the air, such as
| should version numbers be required or optional ...

There's a precedent for using names on other sites:

  OBIX: http://obix.com/ns/module/version

  WSBPEL: http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2004/03/business-process/

  CAP: http://www.incident.com/cap/1.0

  RELAX NG: http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0

In the absence of an official naming and design rules document, I'm
inclined to follow existing precedent rather than try to guess what
the design rules document might say when it's eventually published.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The Future is something which
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | everyone reaches at the rate of
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | sixty minutes an hour, whatever he