Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] 5.0b1 test test release

Norman Walsh wrote:

> Oh, that's just intolerable.

Indeed.

> Here's an extension of the resolver's
> xread application that accepts a list of XSD files with a -S option.
> You only have to list the XSDs, it peeks inside to find the target
> namespaces (because the schemas are self-identifying for crying out
> loud!)

Cool. Actually Xerces provides one feature that can be used to map
schemas to namepaces. You can (mis)use catalog file to map namespace URI
to XSD schema:

<uri name="http://docbook.org/ns/docbook"; uri="xsd/docbook.xsd"/>

The problem is that this is working only if you will use  Xerces's
XMLCatalogResolver as an implementation of entity resolver. However this
change can't be done by Java property, you must change resolver
programatically. So the sad conclusion is, that this is completely
useless feature for normal users.

I must admit, that I'm quite surprised how underengineered is this area.
:-( What are these XSD guys doing?

OK, I hope that bugs and inmaturity in XML stack will stop here.
Otherwise we can end up with writing our own XML parser for DocBook V5 ;-)

				Jirka

Nejbližší termíny školení: XML schémata (včetně RELAX NG) 7.-9.11.
          *** DocBook 5.-7.12. *** XSL-FO 19.-20.12. ***

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature