Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] Fw: [members] OASIS Symposium - Call for Participation

On Dec 1, 2005, at 4:42 PM, Nancy P Harrison wrote:

> I think that's a great idea, and one that we should implement with the
> DITA TC, which is also very interested in the topic.  Otherwise we
> could
> end up with 'competing' D&D interoperability sessions, which would
> help no
> one at all.  And having both groups work together on it will keep
> all of
> us honest and focused on users.

I agree that this is a good idea.

I was surprised to see that Joanne Hackos sent out an email that I
perceived as rather inflammatory about how DocBook was the "same-old
same-old" and that it doesn't consider other information types.  This
DocBook vs. DITA debate is somewhat silly because content can be
authored modularly in either system.  The names of the tags aren't
important: the delivery/production process and writing style are.

There is a lot of misinformation floating around.  We should help to
correct that.