Subject: Please don't send DocBook 4.5 out for voting

Hi Mary,

I've just verified a bug report that I had thought was fixed, but
isn't, in the SGML version of DocBook V4.5.

I'm either deeply disapointed or deeply relieved that this was
discovered before the balloting began. I'm not sure which.

Anyway, I think we'll be forced to abandon 4.5CR2 as the "Standard"
and go with a to-be-published 4.5CR3. I'll get CR3 out this week and
we'll try to ballot everything for voting next month.

Sorry.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | If people never did silly things,
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | nothing intelligent would ever get
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | done.--Ludwig Wittgenstein