Subject: RFE [1537424 ] Allow Jobtitle inline

I'm following up on my action item to research whether other elements
besides jobtitle should be allowed inline in general text in Docbook V5.
The requestor expressed a need to refer to a jobtitle without a person's
name, such as "Database Administrator" when describing a database product.

The jobtitle element currently appears only in affiliation, and affiliation
appears in author, editor, person, collab, othercredit, and org.  These
clearly would not satisfy the request, and I think this is a valid use
case.

The question is whether there are other info elements that also might be
needed inline.  Currently these elements can already be used inline outside
of info:

author
editor
person
personname
org
orgname
email
address

I think the only other elements that we might want to consider are:

publisher
publishername
biblioid

publisher and publishername would be used when referring to the publisher
of a document other than the current document. The same with biblioid, to
allow markup of an ISBN of a book that is not the current book.  But if you
allow biblioid, would you also want to allow edition, issuenum, pubdate,
and seriesvolnums?

I don't think there are any other elements similar to jobtitle that are not
already allowed inline.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting