Subject: Please clarify the request to allow inlineequation in label

Chris,

We were looking at your request for adding inlineequation to the content
model of label (request 1589139 on source forge) at the DocBook meeting
yesterday.  There was a little confusion over exactly what the use case
was.

The label element in DocBook is used to override the defaultlabel
attribute on the qandaset, which is an enumerated type allowing none,
number, and qanda.  When qanda is selected it produces

  Q: To be or not to be?

  A: That is the question.

Overriding the value allows an author to do something like using an
inlinemediaobject to provide an icon for the Q and A instead of the text
or other variants.

It wasn't clear how allowing inlineequation in label would be used.  The
example looked more like a question, or perhaps a title (which is a
legal child of blockinfo, which is allowed in qandaentry, the parent of
question and answer).

Before we can figure out how to respond to this request, we need a
little more information on what you were trying to accomplish and why
label was the most appropriate mechanism for it.  Some other possible
solutions that come to mind are using the question, or the title of a
formalpara in the question or answer or the title in blockinfo for the
qandaentry.

If you can provide a little more clarification, we can address this at
the next meeting (which will be in January -- we are skipping the
December meeting).

Regards,

Larry Rowland