Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] request for conref

"Gershon Joseph (gerjosep)" <gerjosep@cisco.com> writes:
> Personally I'd vote against conrefs and instead wait for XInclude and
> XPointer to mature.

I'm not sure conref and XInclude/XPointer are attempting to solve the
same problem. Well, maybe they do. Anyway, pushback from DITA folks
who are in the know quashes any enthusiasm I might have had.

> terms of maintenance as file entities generate. So now DITA 1.2 will be
> introducing key referencing and content key referencing. This latter
> approach offers amazing flexibility for reuse and is very lean on
> maintenance overhead. I'd be willing to discuss this during the meeting
> today if the TC is interested.

I'm certainly interested.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Plan to throw one away; you will
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | anyhow.--F. Brooks