Subject: modular DocBook toolkit available

Hi,
Following up on my action item to create an XSL stylesheet to assemble an
<assembly> element into a complete DocBook document, I have put together a
toolkit for that purpose.  You can download it from:

ftp://ftp.sagehill.net/download/docbook-modular-toolkit-2009-10-12.zip

It includes an assemble.xsl stylesheet for processing an <assembly> into a
single document, and a short sample document (the first part of my book)
that has been modularized (and reassembled).

It also includes another stylesheet to chunk an existing DocBook 5 book into
modules.  That should facilitate experimentation, since you don't have to
build the modules and <assembly> by hand.

Be sure to read the included README for details.

I hope members will have a change to try this out before our next meeting on
October 21.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net