Subject: Re: [docbook-tc] assembly metadata container

On 22 February 2010 17:25, Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net> wrote:
> I'm following up on my action item from the last DocBook TC. We agreed that
> <info> would be used in assembly elements to document the assembly element
> that contains the info, which follows the current usage of info in DocBook.

> We agreed that any override information that would be used when a resource
> is used in a module when it is assembled should be in another container
> element within module.

This sentence shows the level of complexity here.

  We need to decide on the name of that container now.
>  The three suggestions from the meeting were:

> 4.  info-merge, to indicate this info is applied when topics are merged into
> a document.
>

> I'll make one observation on naming style: currently DocBook has no elements
> with hyphens in the name.  There is certainly no rule against it, but I
> thought I would point out that fact.

5. info-merge, since that is the desired effect? To merge this with other info
elements? I too dislike the hyphen. Is infomerge too complex? Or is that
too far from info?

I'm against Larrys supplement simply on grounds of length.

regards

--
Dave Pawson
XSLT XSL-FO FAQ.