Subject: Re: We will need a volunteer to fix the resolution

Hi Jirka,

Unfortunately, our policy doesn't allow anyone other than authorized
staff to have direct write access to OASIS systems. (I am copying
Scott McGrath so that he will be aware of the request.) I'm sure you
can understand that this is standard practice in most private
businesses.

However, there is no need for direct write permission. As part of
approving any OASIS work product and either publishing it as a
Committee Draft, releasing it for public review, or approving it as a
final deliverable, TC Administration publishes the work to the
appropriate server locations. You submit the appropriate ticket to us
(see http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tc-admin-requests for the
complete set) and we work with you to prepare the final work package
and load it to the servers - and of course announce the event to TC
members and OASIS and the public.

That is the step that seems to have been missed when 5.0 was approved
but I have put a great deal more structure around the procedures and
processes this past year. Using the tickets to create JIRA work
tickets for TC Admin ensures that nothing gets lost and no steps get
skipped.

Best,

/chet

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 3:18 AM, Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> wrote:
> On 20.6.2012 17:43, Chet Ensign wrote:
>
>> Based on my previous notes, we believe that we can fix the issue with
>> the docbook repository with a simple redirect.
>
> Hi folks,
>
> there is additional important issue. Redirect will fix problem with some
> missing resources on www.oasis-open.org/docbook. But DocBook TC also
> needs easy write access to http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook in order
> to put new releases of schema and another artifacts there. One source of
> problems we are trying to fix now is that for DocBook TC it was very
> hard to update content there and thus keep it up to date with all
> developments.
>
> Greg could you please provide Norm Walsh (chair of DocBook TC and
> maintainer of schema distribution) with write access to
> http://docs.oasis-open.org/docbook
> Ideally using something like SSH. Please feel free to get in touch with
> him in order to exchange public key or other credentials needef for access.
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
>                                Jirka
>
> --
>  Jirka Kosek      e-mail: jirka@kosek.cz      http://xmlguru.cz
>       Professional XML consulting and training services
>  DocBook customization, custom XSLT/XSL-FO document processing
>  OASIS DocBook TC member, W3C Invited Expert, ISO JTC1/SC34 member

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org

Primary: +1 973-996-2298
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393

TC Administration information and support is available at
http://www.oasis-open.org/resources/tcadmin

Follow OASIS on:
LinkedIn:    http://linkd.in/OASISopen