Subject: DOCBOOK: Need tips and speeding-up techniques for DocBook formatting

Hi folks,

I can't believe I needed more than 4 hours to format a plain ascii file
(produced from a HTML version of a doc converted from Framemaker, then
dumped with lynx) of 30 pages after being converted to DocBook (viewed
as .dvi). (but I'm a DocBook novice)

Do you DocBook users and experts have some tips and techniques to use
efficiently DocBook in a Sygnus distribution and Emacs (or XEmacs) +
pgsgml environment?

Do you have also some tips to share on how to separate a DocBook
document into different files for easier maintenance?

I would appreciate that you would share some tips to better manage
content and markup authoring via a version control system such as CVS,
too.

Thank you for your help,

I'm eager to use efficiently DocBook.

Cheers,

-Sylvan
My Mission Statement:
"We are what we repeatedly do.                      Sylvan Ravinet
Excellence, then, is not an act,         mailto:sylvan@ravinet.com
but a habit."                          ICQ #30681342 | IRC:nuujack

Aristotle

 Please check out http://www.ravinet.com in the coming weeks.
  Software Engineering Student, Tampere University of Technology
Feel free to come by!     Insinöörink. 60B 129, 33720 Tampere, FIN