Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: print, footnote, position

On Thursday 21 October 1999, at 8 h 49, the keyboard of Norman Walsh
<ndw@nwalsh.com> wrote:

> | (define bop-footnotes
> |   ;; Make "bottom-of-page" footnotes?
> |   #t)
> You must also explicitly identify the backend in order to get
> backend-specific features (bop footnotes is specific to TeX, RTF
> can't do it (from Jade)).
>
> (define tex-backend #t)

It works fine, thanks. You can also use the -V option of jade to define this variable (this allows you to keep one stylesheet for TeX and RTF). My Makefile now has:

howto.tex: howto.db ../print.dsl
        jade -V tex-backend -t tex $(JADEFLAGS) \
                -d ../print.dsl \
                $(XML_DECL) howto.db