Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Trying to compile the DocBook book.

Norman Walsh wrote:
> Ah, yes. There are a few things missing if you want to format
> the book. I have always thought of the fulltext mostly as a
> useful, big example, not as source for printing the book.

Yes, Norman, and the big example has to work, to be a good example! :-)

> Silly of me, really, in retrospect.

At least this is not my main concern, you know. I already printed some
parts from the HTML version, so I don't really need to make it be
printable in ps form. But I'd like to be sure that I can just copy the
way you do to manage DocBook DTD, used for such a documentation. So it
has to work before I apply it. And as I told you, as soon as I have the
money for it, I would buy your book. [And, good news, I probably found a
job.] And true, a O'Reilly book is far more handy and usable than a home
printed book.

> Give me a few days to put together and test a formattable
> version.

No problem, you're our DocBook guru (at least mine), and we can wait at
least a few days.

Thanks again for contributing DocBook to the community.

Cheers,

-Sylvan
My Mission Statement:
"We are what we repeatedly do.                      Sylvan Ravinet
Excellence, then, is not an act,         mailto:sylvan@ravinet.com
but a habit."                          ICQ #30681342 | IRC:nuujack

Aristotle

 Please check out http://www.ravinet.com in the coming weeks.
  Software Engineering Student, Tampere University of Technology
Feel free to come by!     Insinöörink. 60B 129, 33720 Tampere, FIN