Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook: The Definitive Guide available online

/ Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| > I don't have any immediate plans to put PDF or PS versions online.
|
| Any objections if the FreeBSD Doc. Project did?

The first edition did not, at the end of the day, go out with a
GPL or other real "Open Source" license. You're free to do what
you want privately, but it can only be distributed or posted at
docbook.org and OASIS. So, yes, O'Reilly would object. Sorry.

If you're inclined to vent your frustration about the licensing,
please consider flaming me privately rather than bothering the
whole list. :-)

                             Pulling on my asbestos underwear,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Some people can tell what time it
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | is by looking at the sun, but I've
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | never been able to make out the