Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: docbook XML entities in nsgmls

Actually, I mentioned nsgmls because it exhibited the same
symptoms as Arbortext Adept in this regard.  My real
problem was trying to use Arbortext with the Docbook 3 XML
DTD.  In the XML world, you officially don't need an SGML
declaration, which is why it is not in the standard.  So if
Arbortext is claiming XML compatibility, why does Arbortext
Document Architect 8 require an SGML declaration for an XML
DTD?  Probably because they haven't finished adapting DA to
XML.  OK, but if it requires a declaration, why doesn't it
include one in the distribution? The product works quite
well with XML, but they don't seem to make it easy.
Norm, you must use Adept with Docbook XML.  Didn't you have
to dig up a declaration as well?

bobs