Subject: DOCBOOK: customized headers and footers

Hi folks,

[as we need to give pretty soon the final version of our document for
our student software engineering project, I need this info prety soon
too]

I'm using the DocBook 3.1 DTD, DSSSL stylesheets, and I want to produce
(first) a printed version using the (La?)TeX backend.

I want to add a customized header and footer in each page of my
document.
They must contain this information:

- Title of document
- Subtitle of document
- version number
- date of last version change
- Editor name
- current page number
- total page number
- Other fixed information that can't be specified with any DocBook tag,
such as student group number

I can have already (I guess) the LaTex code that could produce the
necessary layout (with tables).

Please tell me how you would to it, and I would appreciate code
examples  in DSSSL (?) to do this.

I need also to customize the cover page of the document, it should
contain a table with student names and student numbers, and the student
group number.

Thank you for your help,

-Sylvan
My Mission Statement:
"We are what we repeatedly do.                      Sylvan Ravinet
Excellence, then, is not an act,         mailto:sylvan@ravinet.com
but a habit."                          ICQ #30681342 | IRC:nuujack

Aristotle

 Please check out http://www.ravinet.com in the coming weeks.
  Software Engineering Student, Tampere University of Technology
Feel free to come by!     Insinöörink. 60B 129, 33720 Tampere, FIN