Subject: DOCBOOK: [jadetex] French typography with the Modular Stylesheets?

I'm preparing a text in French, using DocBook/XML and the DSSSL Modular
Stylesheets. But the typography rules are always the english ones, even if I
have set the lang attribute (the labels like "Table of contents" appear OK in
French) and if I have babel properly installed (no problems with LaTeX, only
with jadetex).

More specifically, the bullets in the list do not appear like they should do
in French (as dashes), unlike what happens with babel.

How to use babel from jadetex?