Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis

/ Peter Ring <PRI@cddk.dk> was heard to say:
| In Python, there are two exception styles in Python; old-style
| string objects (match on object identity) and new-style class
| instances (match on class or base class). You must be able to
| describe exceptions that are not classes, as well as classes
| that are used for exceptions.

I'm really not following this. The synopsis elements only identify
the names of exceptions: <exceptionname>SAXException</exceptionname>
or <exceptionname>SomeFunkyString</exceptionname>.

There's nothing in the synopsis that attempts to indicate that the
exception is a class or a string or a widget.

For documentation purposes, it isn't clear to me that that
information needs to be present. Am I mistaken?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | O for a Muse of fire, that would
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | ascend / The brightest heaven of
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | invention, / A kingdom for a