Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: DocBook 4.0: ClassSynopsis

Norman Walsh writes:
 > Yes, that's something you'd definitely want to document, but is it
 > really necessary to manifest this in the markup for the synopsis?
 > Would not an attribute be sufficient?

  I think an attribute is indeed sufficient (I think I even suggested
using the role attribute in a subsequent post, but there may be better
candidates).
  The important thing is that it be "markable" so that tools (such as
a help system in an IDE) can extract the information.  (Yes,
"documentation" can be useful for lint-like functions. ;)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	  <fdrake at acm.org>