Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Quick Questions..

Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:

> On Sunday 9 January 2000, at 14 h 10, the keyboard of Eliot Landrum
> <eliot@landrum.cx> wrote:
>
> > ><BODY
> >
> > I know it is just a minor thing to pick at, but that is some nasty looking
> > HTML.
>
> This is jade (hint: it is done to avoid lines that are too long). This is perfectly standard and all browsers accept it.

I don't think that the issue was about reading this HTML for browsers,
but rather about reading the HTML for humans.  I just looked at the
output from 'sgmltools sunreference.sgml' on my system, and it's exactly
the same as that.  As long as you never look at the source to your html
pages, you're ok, but there must be instances where people are going to
want to read this HTML, and the way it stands you can't well read it.

> With OpenJade, the '-t rawsgml' option is supposed to suppress that.

I'll try passing this through sgmltools, and see what it changes.
	Greg