Subject: DOCBOOK: Problem with horizontal span

I've encountered a problem with horizontal spans in tables:

   I'm specifying a horizontal span across all columns in a table
   and using this span on the first row in the table.

   My output (pdf) shows an empty cell in column1, the text shows up in
   the cell in colums 2. The rest of the row is displayed as a span
   with no border line on the right end of the table.

The problem seems to only arise if the span is used on the first row
of the table. It works if used onto i.e. the second row.

Please see the attatched example containing two tables:
one with a span in the first row (showing the problem) and a
second table with the first two rows swapped (no problem occuring).

Does anybody else see this? Is there a fix for it?

I'm using:
  DocBook V3.0
  DSSSL modular stylesheets V1.44
  Jade V1.2.1 and jadetex V2.9
  teTeX V1.0.6

Thanks a lot
  Karlheinz

The tex logfiles shows the folling error:

-------- start error text ---------------------------------------
Overfull \hbox (2.797pt too wide) in alignment at lines 701--703
 [] [] [] [] [] []
! Misplaced \omit.
\multispan ->\omit
                   \@multispan
l.725 }
       %
-------- end error text -----------------------------------------

The corresponding lines from the tex file are:

{403.275\p@}{6}{|L{67.212\p@}|L{67.212\p@}|L{67.212\p@}|L{67.212\p@}|L{67.212\p@
}|L{67.212\p@}|}%
\TablePartHeader%
{}\endTablePartHeader{}\Hline%

--
Karlheinz Eckmeier                                 ConSol* Software GmbH
Karlheinz.Eckmeier@consol.de	   Franziskanerstr. 38, D-81669 Muenchen