Subject: DOCBOOK: Re: Docbook-help

/ madhu <b_maddy_016@yahoo.com> was heard to say:
| since Docbook prohibits recursive sect more than level 6 and too many section
| is supposed to produce erratic behaviour i have been doing this

What erratic behavior? The <section> tag is "infinitely" recursive.

| <sect 1> my stuff goes here<sect1>
| as many times i want , in this case  i have used 27 times
|
| this is solving my problem but this also has a side effect :in that
| particular chapter it produces a table of content at the begining of the page
| listing out all the sections ,i dont mind this but not at the begining of the
| chapter is it possible to change this
| the present out put is like this
| toc
| para
| para
|
| but i want this
| para
| toc
| para
|
| though i have written

[augmented]

  <para id="p1">...</para>
  <para id="p2">...</para>
  <sect1 id="s1">...</sect1>
  <sect1 id="s27">...</sect1>
</chapter>

And you'd like the Chapter TOC to occur between paragraphs "p1" and "p2"?

You could do that by hacking at the stylesheet, but I can't
imagine a general rule that applies here.

Why do you want this?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | What good is a can of worms if you
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | never open it?--Bob Arning