Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Best way to have an XML-document which can be parsed as SGML?

/ Thorbjoern Ravn Andersen <ravn@mip.sdu.dk> was heard to say:
| I would like to have my DocBook XML documents in a form in which I can
| equally well apply XSL-stylesheets with Cocoon as process it with Jade (to
| get RTF and PDF)

This should be easy. Just use the XML declaration when processing them
with Jade.

  jade xxx \path\where\you\put\jade\xml.dcl yourfile.xml

| Can I have a common header for the two processing types (where the SGML
| tools ignore the <?xml and <?xsl tags) or should I create a seperate
| header which is prepended when I run Jade?

SGML tools will ignore those tags.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The sudden disappointment of hope
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | leaves a scar which the ultimate
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | fulfilment of that hope never