Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Automatic TOC generation

/ Stéphane Bline <sbline@apsydev.com> was heard to say:
| A couple of questions here that needs answering. I'm fairly new to DSSSL and
| I haven't been able to do the following:
|
| * Reseting the chapter counter for each part. At the moment I have the
| following:
[...]
|  And I'd like to have:
|     Part I
|         Chapter 1
|         Chapter 2
|     Part II
|         Chapter 1
|         Chapter 2
|
|  Any way I can do this ?

Um, yes. Try this in your stylesheet:

(define (chapter-number-restart-list cmp)   (list (normalize "book")
                                                  (normalize "part")))
(define (appendix-number-restart-list cmp)  (list (normalize "book")
                                                  (normalize "part")
						  (normalize "article")))

| * Is it possible to selectively disable/enable the automatic TOC generation
| (using PIs in the XML source for instance ?)

Nope. What specific sort of control would you like to have?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Science is a way of talking about
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the universe in words that bind it
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to a common reality. Magic is a