Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: Prototypes of C++ methods

/ maarten de boer <maarten.deboer@iua.upf.es> was heard to say:
| > |         Packet * receive (const bool Block = false) const;
|
| > Refresh my C++ :-), what does the trailing const mean in this case?
|
| That the method receive() will not modify any data members of the
| instance (this) it is called for.

Ah, so it is a method. In that case, I think

  Packet * receive (const bool Block = false) const;

can be documented like so:

  <methodsynopsis>
    <type>Packet *</type>
    <methodname>receive</methodname>
    <methodparam>
      <modifier>const</modifier>
      <type>bool</type>
      <parameter>Block</parameter>
      <initializer>false</initializer>
    </methodparam>
    <modifier>const</modifier>
  </methodsynopsis>

This requires a slight modification to the 4.0 methodsynopsis (to allow
modifiers before and after) but that seems called for.

Anyone disagree with my synopsis?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Science is a way of talking about
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the universe in words that bind it
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | to a common reality. Magic is a